The breadth of additional support services offered by insurers is ever-evolving. Developing a good understanding of each offering in the market can be difficult – as could explaining the real-life value that each service provides your clients.
With pressures on the NHS increasing, now is as good a time as any to remind your clients of the added extras included within their insurance policies.
HealthWise remote GP consultations
Q1 2020 has seen record usage of our remote GP service offered to members via HealthWise, our member benefits app. Available from 08:00 to 19:00 Monday to Friday and 09:00 – 13:00 on Saturdays, the service can be used by your client or their immediate family and includes:
- Access to a remote GP appointment at a time that suits them
- Access to fully trained medical professionals via telephone or video call
- The option to choose the gender of the practitioner they speak to
- Prescription medication if deemed appropriate by the treating practitioner
A service for all
The introduction of digital GP services through HealthWise has been a hit with our members:
- 81% of users accessed the service via the app
- 63% of users are male, 37% female
- 59% of users are aged between 19 & 50 with 23% aged over 71.
More than just a “nice to have”
Given the breadth of conditions the service covers it is no surprise that remote GP services are the most frequently used service within HealthWise, supporting our members with a wide range of conditions including:
- Coughs, colds, infections and fevers
- Musculoskeletal problems including back, neck and hip pain
Sinusitis, hay fever and headaches
- Children’s illness
Valuable support for our members
- 49% of members using the service have received expert advice on managing their condition
- 16% have been referred to their own GP for a physical examination following an assessment
- 11% have received an onward referral to a consultant
- 13% have been prescribed medication
Don’t take our word for it!
We’ve received the following feedback about HealthWise GP consultations further demonstrating the value the service provides:
“Excellent and prompt help from GP” - September 2019.
“I got an appointment with the GP within 45 minutes of looking on the app. Great peace of mind to have this service” - January 2020.
Make sure your clients get HealthWise
Reminding your clients of the availability of HealthWise and encouraging them to use the services provided could be invaluable in helping them proactively manage their physical and mental health and wellbeing.
To find out more about HealthWise and the support it provides why not book a 20 minute online product briefing.
HealthWise services are provided by Square Health. The remote GP service is not to be used for medical emergencies.